Friday, June 4, 2010

feeling old.

Do you ever wake up in the morning and think to yourself, 'holy crap, the last 10 years have just flown by!'

I think that sometimes.

This morning I woke up smelling of stale perfume and wearing last night's makeup. I know, I know..... sounds hot, huh?

Going to shows on weeknights (and weekends) and constant hand stamps, or the always cool sharpy Xs, on the backs of my hands, was the norm 10 years ago. So when I woke up this morning and spotted the stamp on my hand, I felt old!
D and I went to see his dad play a show last night. I've been told it would be his last show with Hollowell. For as long as I've known my son's dad, he has been in a band with those guys. Hollowell's not breaking up, but it might be the last time D sees his dad play a show. So we had to go.
There's little doubt in my mind that my son will also play in a band at some point. I'm pretty sure the influence around him is too great for him to resist. Most of the males in his life, whom he looks up to, are musicians.
I couldn't resist giving my friends (who are like family) a little shout out. Good show last night boys! You always make me proud.

Oh and did I mention, as I quickly approach my last year in my 20s, I'm feeling OLD!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails